Direct and oversee all facets of construction management for commercial real estate including building improvements, tenant improvements, or other related construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors or through contractors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Bid and monitor construction projects including preparation of bid specifications, award of contracts and approval of progress billings,
- Plan procedures and staffing for each construction phase,
- Direct supervisory personnel and contractors as required,
- Confer with engineering personnel and inspectors to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods,
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules,
- Adheres to the Hartman Management Standards and participates in necessary Standards training,
- Some travel is expected,
- May manage 1 to 5 subordinates, responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned construction activities,
- Planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Completed jobs on time and within budgeted amounts that would entail a satisfied tenant.
Education & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and ten years related real estate construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Top three competencies and level of proficiency required (expert, advanced, basic)
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Reasoning Skills – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. May occasionally be required to lift up to 100 pounds a short distance as needed. Must be able to move freely throughout the property, including moving up and down stairs.
Hartman Core Values
- We Create Value For Investors
- The Growth And Development Of People Is The Highest Calling Of Leadership
- We Are Accountable And Honor Commitments
- We Recognize And Celebrate Our Achievements
- We Honor God In All We Do By Operating The Company In A Manner Consistent With Biblical Principles
- We Play To Win
- We Care About The Customer