Leasing Agent – Retail
Leases commercial retail properties by developing property concept; marketing properties; selling property benefits; negotiating contracts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversees Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio retail properties.
- Develops property concept by researching and analyzing current use; studying economic, traffic, and population history, trends, and forecasts; preparing and evaluating occupancy and income models; investigating and analyzing competitive properties.
- Markets property by advertising vacancies; identifying and approaching prospective tenants; creating and distributing marketing materials; greeting drop-ins; participating in community and regional activities; preparing and submitting proposals; responding to inquiries.
- Prepares properties for showing by inspecting premises; ordering and supervising repairs and improvements.
- Shows properties by setting appointments; providing property statistics and leasing information; highlighting benefits, such as, location, surrounding area, transportation, access, neighbors, building systems and services, amenities, occupancy history, owner performance, tenant satisfaction, and security.
- Completes lease by reviewing contract requirements; negotiating terms; obtaining signatures, deposits, and payments.
- Updates job knowledge by studying real estate leasing trends and economic conditions; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional and community organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Understanding the Customer, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, People Skills, Problem Solving, Motivation for Sales, Territory Management, Legal Compliance, Independence, Professionalism, Meeting Sales Goals.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Real Estate License required
Must have established industry brokerage relationships
Company Core Values
- We Create Value for Investors
- The Growth and Development of People Is the Highest Calling of Leadership
- We Are Accountable and Honor Commitments
- We Recognize and Celebrate Our Achievements
- We Honor God in All We Do by Operating the Company in A Manner Consistent with Biblical Principles
- We Play to Win
- We Care About the Customer