A property manager’s main purpose is to maintain and even increase value of various real estate investments. They are responsible for tracking the performance of their properties and make sure that real estate investments accomplish their anticipated revenues.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the property and its tenants.
- Scheduling and managing property maintenance and building projects
- Compiling data for financial reports and preparing budgets
- Tenant relations – resolving customer and public complaints
- Maintaining records, reports and files
- Evaluating performance of employees
- Ensure building retains occupancy through several avenues of exceeded expectations of public relations.
- Knowledgeable of building codes and governmental regulations for construction
- Confirm monthly inspections to identify safety and ADA violations and to ensure requirements are met and documented.
- Projects are to be scheduled quarterly; noted on scorecards and completed within the
- required timeframe.
- Manage property within the respective budget and ensure the timely collection of anticipated revenues.
- Schedule monthly tenant visits; address tenant issues as per customer service policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all files are maintained current, accurate by performing a 10% random audit of files on a quarterly basis. A failed 10% audit requires a full audit to id issues and resolve.
- One to one meetings are to be conducted weekly, during which positive as well as improvement as required is communicated, monitored and documented.
- Schedule tenant activities such as: new tenant gift baskets, socials, holiday activities and quarterly newsletter.
Key Measurement Areas & Metrics
- Financial analysis skills with an understanding of budgeting and CAM reconciliation processes.
- Understanding property management accounting procedures
- Meet quarterly projects and performances requirements.
- Ability to read, understand and abstract leases and contracts.
- Ability to draft quality organized letters, reports, memos and news letters.
- Courteous, professional and respectful rapport with peers and subordinates as an effective team leader.
- Capability to recognize and require high quality maintenance work.
- Compelling customer service / people / team building skills.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum three (3)- five (5) years experience in commercial property management.
- Strong computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and / or equivalent combination of education and experience relevant to industry.
- RPA and/or CPM certification encouraged
- Mathematical and reasoning skills and abilities – advanced
- Microsoft office programs – advanced
- Yardi knowledge – basic
- Interpersonal Skills – advanced
Fast pace environment requiring flexibility, adaptability to change with limited resources.
Hartman Core Values
- We Create Value For Investors
- The Growth And Development Of People Is The Highest Calling Of Leadership
- We Are Accountable And Honor Commitments
- We Recognize And Celebrate Our Achievements
- We Honor God In All We Do By Operating The Company In A Manner Consistent With Biblical Principles
- We Play To Win
We Care About The Customer