Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close. Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements. Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. Provide assistance to Controller with external audit and regulatory compliance. Assist with special projects assigned by management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to month-end closing procedures, bad debt allowance and non-admitted A/R on a monthly basis
- Back-up for month-end duties assigned to other Senior Accountants.
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
- Assist with annual external audit examination. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
- Assist with automation, testing and receive final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Education & Qualifications
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with strong attention to details.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and ERP systems.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
Hartman Core Values
- We Create Value For Investors
- The Growth And Development Of People Is The Highest Calling Of Leadership
- We Are Accountable And Honor Commitments
- We Recognize And Celebrate Our Achievements
- We Honor God In All We Do By Operating The Company In A Manner Consistent With Biblical Principles
- We Play To Win
- We Care About The Customer