How Open Office Environments Can Kill Productivity

February 18, 2016

The trend of open office environments is quickly killing off the traditional cubicle, but they could also kill employee productivity unless they’re set up right. Noise, nearby activity and other interruptions make employees lose an average of 2.1 hours of worktime per day, according to a Basex Research report. That adds up to more than […]


Best Place to Hold Business Meetings?

February 16, 2016

Offices are the traditional place to hold business meetings, but that doesn’t mean they’re the prime place to get things done. In fact, a FlexJobs survey found only 24 percent of employees said they were most productive in the office, with the other 76 percent saying they avoid the office like the plague when they’re […]


Home Office vs. Renting a Space: Which Way to Go?

February 9, 2016

Starting your own business comes with a big, eternal question: should you work from home or rent out an office space? While there is no right or wrong answer that applies to everyone, there are a number of points to consider for determining the right option for you. Think about Your Environment Whether at home […]


How to Save Money with Your Office Space

February 4, 2016

Renting office space is a solid investment, but it doesn’t have to be one that breaks your budget every month. A few savvy strategies can help you save money with your office space. Take Advantage of Economic Realities Companies seem to be continuously downsizing, rightsizing or closing up shop altogether, leaving plenty of empty office […]


4 Easy Ways to Instantly Enhance Office Space

January 30, 2016

A good office starts with a prime location, efficient layout and ample space for your crew and other business needs. But the buck doesn’t stop there. Your company can make a few easy improvements that instantly transform an office from good to great. Refresh the Air Ever hear of occupational allergies? These sensitivities are not […]


Red Flags to Avoid When Renting Commercial Space

January 28, 2016

Just as an experienced agent, solid property management company and good location are recipes for commercial leasing success, a few others can be a recipe for disaster. These red flags include inexperience, emotion and an inflexible landlord. Inexperience When it comes to commercial leases, just any old lawyer won’t do. You want a real estate […]


How to Ensure Your Small Biz Has a Healthy Financial Year

January 25, 2016

The new year can often kick off with a cash flow hangover after the holidays, with small and medium businesses getting off to a shaky start. The final weeks of the year typically continue to see a flurry of expenses, although employees are often taking time off and business activities are generally slowing down. The […]


5 Signs You’ve Found a Top-Notch Commercial Real Estate Agent

January 20, 2016

Leasing a business space can be a breeze with a top-notch real estate agent by your side. How do you know you’ve found one? They’re a whiz in commercial real estate. If you’ve found a great agent, but they’re usually showing off houses, condos or apartments, then they may not be the greatest agent for […]


3 Tips to Improve Your Life-Work Balance

January 15, 2016

That thing called a work-life balance is quickly going extinct. Always-on technology and the ongoing fear of job loss ensure today’s employees are working harder and longer than ever before. A Harvard Business School survey found 94 percent of professional business folk work more than 50 hours per week, and nearly half of them clock in […]


How a Sunlit Office Improves Employee Health

January 13, 2016

Corner offices provide much more than a spectacular view. They can actually be good for your health. Two different studies examined the effects of natural sunlight on two different sets of employees, finding consistent exposure to natural light can do wonders for productivity, sleep, mood and a person’s physical and mental health.  Workers and Windows A […]