Administrative Assistant to C.O.O.
An Administrative Assistant’s main purpose is to maintain accurate documentation of all Management Office details. They are responsible for documentation of receivables / payables / telephone calls / work orders and maintaining spreadsheets for any other projects assigned by Property Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Accounts Payable – receiving / tracking all invoices to insure they are paid promptly and accurately. Review budget to insure costs are maintained within budget.
- Accounts Receivable – maintain accurate documentation of tenant’s rent payments. Create / deliver 3 Day Notices when necessary. Generate change orders for late fees or bill backs. Log collection telephone calls in Gold Mine.
- General Administrative Duties – Generate tenant memos, newsletters, holiday advertisements, etc… Answer / resolve tenant complaints. Insure all vendor contracts are current and signed.
- Generate / review rent rolls. Update all move-ins / move-outs promptly. Communicate with accounting to insure rent roll is accurate.
- Tenant move-in / move-out documentation – Prepare a move-in packet for new tenants. Insure all keys, security cards, signage and all pertinent details are delivered. Provide move-out package to accounting within 3 days of move-out. Ascertain if deposit should be refunded or if funds need to be withheld for repairs.
- Projects assigned by Property Manager – create spreadsheets / documents as needed to maintain clear communication including completing monthly variance reports. These spreadsheets and documents are subject to change per the needs of the Property Manager and/or Property.
- Invoices paid promptly and accurately. If over / under budget – notify Property Manager.
- Maintain a spreadsheet, updated weekly, of tenant rent payments. Communicate to Property Manager any delinquencies, bad checks, etc… Notify Property Manager when 3rd follow-up telephone call is to be made.
- Create / maintain a letter database with basic property needs. Generate specific letters / documents as needed. Insure communication is maintained between Property Management Office and tenants / vendors.
- Rent rolls should be accurate within one week of a move-in or move-out. Communicate any delays / problems to Property Manager. Print rent rolls as needed – minimum of one/ month
- Good tenant relations established early and maintained throughout tenure. Needs anticipated and met upon move-in and clarified upon move-out.
- Maintain organized database of all documents required for property management
Key Measurement Areas & Metrics
- Familiarity with Excel, Microsoft Word and other database programs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Organized / efficient usage of time. Develop methods / skills necessary to maintain accurate documentation of numerous areas in property management
- Ability to draft quality organized letters, reports, memos and newsletters.
- Courteous, professional and respectful rapport with peers and subordinates.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum one (1) year experience in administrative assistant position.
- Strong computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi
- High School Diploma, GED required Associates degree and / or equivalent combination of education and experience relevant to industry
Fast pace environment requiring flexibility, adaptability to change with limited resources.
Hartman Core Values
- We Create Value For Investors
- The Growth And Development Of People Is The Highest Calling Of Leadership
- We Are Accountable And Honor Commitments
- We Recognize And Celebrate Our Achievements
- We Honor God In All We Do By Operating The Company In A Manner Consistent With Biblical Principles
- We Play To Win
- We Care About The Customer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org