Development Project Analyst
Direct and oversee all facets of construction management for commercial real estate including building improvements, tenant improvements, or other related construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through GC’s and contractors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Bid and monitor land development of retail or office/warehouse, and pad site development construction projects. Including preparation of bid specifications, award of contracts & approval of progress billings,
- Plan procedures and staffing for each development phase, and in order to do so – meet with prospects/client firms / leasing reps. to understand the scope of work. Prelim. pricing and working with GC’s to define a scope relative to a budgetary cost range is crucial.
- Direct professional service (Arch./Engineers, Structural, Civil, Surveyors, etc.) and contractors as required,
- Confer with engineering personnel and inspectors to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods and ensure work is being done per code,
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules,
- Adheres to the Hartman Management Standards and participates in necessary Standards training,
- Some travel is expected,
- Reports to the VP of Projects and Development who is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned development and construction activities,
- Planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Building Improvement project management for exterior property projects that may include: fascia, roof, lighting, asphalt overlays, concrete, etc.
Completed jobs on time and within budgeted amounts that would entail a satisfied tenant.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Some experience is preferred but not required. An aptitude for real estate projects and desired to be in this industry is required. OR Two – five years related real estate construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability
- to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Reasoning Skills – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Hartman Core Values
- We Create Value For Investors
- The Growth And Development Of People Is The Highest Calling Of Leadership
- We Are Accountable And Honor Commitments
- We Recognize And Celebrate Our Achievements
- We Honor God In All We Do By Operating The Company In A Manner Consistent With Biblical Principles
- We Play To Win
- We Care About The Customer